Kansas Department of Administration

What to do when injured at work

If you are experiencing a medical emergency, contact 911.

Prior authorization is not required for emergency treatment but the supervisor should inform the SSIF as soon as possible at 785‐296‐2364.

  1. Report any injury/accident to your supervisor.
  2. Call the 24/7 Nurse Triage line at 1-833-756-2007. A Registered Nurse will provide authorization for medical treatment, if necessary.
  3. Complete an  Injured Employee's Report of Injury form (WC-9) and submit it to the SSIF.
  4. Communicate with agency/department and SSIF (phone: 785-296-2364).



© 2024 Kansas Department of Administration. All rights reserved.