Kansas Department of Administration

How and when do I get paid if I am off work?

You may be compensated at the rate of 2/3 of your gross average weekly wage, subject to a weekly maximum, if a physician restricts you from all work or if your employer can not accommodate physician-directed restrictions.  This compensation is termed Temporary Totally Disabled or "TTD." In general, you are not eligible for weekly compensation for the first 7 days unless you are totally disabled from work 21 consecutive days. The SSIF will issue you a separate check in the same timeframe (biweekly) as State employees receive regular pay.  Your agency will be advised of the SSIF paid compensation and will make necessary adjustments to your time and leave balances. If you receive SSIF compensation, please check with your personnel officer about sick leave, vacation leave or FMLA considerations.

« Back

© 2024 Kansas Department of Administration. All rights reserved.